How To Install Shutters Accordion Shutters
Posted on : 14 Aug, 2021 | Last Update - 1 year ago
Pull out the parts and lay them out on your driveway or lawn near the window they will be protecting. Each part should come numbered and pre-drilled.
Place the top track above the top of the window. Level and mark your wall to line up with the pre-drilled hole(s).
Attach this part with 2.25-inch (57.150 mm) concrete anchors and screws. The ends of these screws should remain out until the sides are put on. Make sure the track is level.
Position the wheels into the top and make sure the pins face the outside. Adjust the curtains as needed so they are away from the edges. Each wheel assembly should be marked left or right.
Attach one side panel with 2.25-inch (57.150 mm) concrete anchors and screws. Check that the panel is straight and flush with the top piece. The smaller part of the side panel should face inward toward the window.
Fasten the bottom panel with the same-sized concrete anchors and screws. Insert the bushings at the back of the curtains into the grooves on the bottom track.
Affix the start strips of the curtains to the side panels with the screws provided.
Check that the sides of the accordion close and lock properly.
Caulk around the sides of your accordion shutters, if desired.
Accordion Shutter Installation
- Lay the numbered components and hardware out near each corresponding opening. Please note that your tracks and angles come numbered and pre-drilled from our factory
- Dry fit top track above the opening, level it and mark your wall following the pre-drilled hole we've provided.
- Attach top track with 2 ¼" tapcons. Make sure the track is level. Leave the tapcons at the end of each track out until you install the side angles.
- Center the wheels from the accordion shutter curtains in top track and feed in. Wheels should be closest to wall with pins to the outside. Make sure the curtain that is marked left is on the left side and the curtain marked right is on the right side. Push both curtains away from the edge of the track.
- Attach only one of the vertical side angles with 2 1/4" tapcons and make sure it is plumb. Position side angle right up against the top track with the smaller leg facing in towards the opening.
- Attach bottom track with 2 1/4" tapcons. Make sure the bushings in the back of the accordion are inserted in the groove of the bottom track.
- Attach the other vertical side angle with 2 1/4" tapcons provided
- Attach starter strips of the accordions to the side angles with tech screws, usually #10 x 3/4" self drilling screws provided.
- Pull both sides of accordion together and make sure it closes properly and locks.
- Wipe down your accordion shutter and caulk the tracks and side angles.
- Electric or 18V drill
- 3/16 cement drill bit
- 5/16" socket drive
- Extension cord
- 2 ¼” x ¼” tapcons – Supplied free with your order.
- 10 x ¾” self tapping screws – Supplied free with your order.
Our staff can walk you through any issue you may have with accordion shutter installation. If you have problems we are here for you.
Still No Luck ? We can help you
Create a ticket, we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.Submit a Ticket